Nominations are now Closed.
CHFA has a Board of nine directors. Every year, three of those directors' terms end. Each director is eligible to stand for up to two consecutive terms and under certain circumstances, a third term is possible.
To ensure a balance of required skills and competencies within the Board and to ensure the Board represents a cross-section of the membership, this year we are looking for members with the following areas of expertise and / or demographics, and encourage Expressions of Interest from those who possess one or more of the following qualifications:
- Members of equity-seeking communities (including racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities / expressions);
- Financial oversight;
- Government relations; and
- Digital experience (i.e. oversight of IT strategy and / or digital growth).
As a Board Member, your role will be to:
- Provide leadership on issues of concern;
- Set strategic priorities;
- Formulate governing policies;
- Provide financial stewardship;
- Monitor organizational performance; and
- Work with the senior staff to shape policy based on industry needs and member feedback.
Your commitment will include:
- A three-year term;
- Participation in four Board meetings annually;
- Involvement in a minimum of one Board Committee with a minimum of four meetings annually;
- Participation at CHFA events as required; and
- Participation in one or more strategic planning/governance sessions.