Media passes are reserved for qualified individuals from approved media outlets. Media passes are not carried over year to year; you must register each year.
To qualify for a complimentary media pass, you must cover the natural health and organic industry on a regular basis.
In order to obtain a media pass, you must:
- Be a reporter, writer, editor, videographer or photographer with an accredited media outlet;
- Be freelance media with proof of assignment on the media outlet’s letterhead. Freelance media must have published or broadcast within the past six months on topics related to the natural health and organic products industry;
- Be an active blogger or social media influencer, focused on the natural health and organic industry, posting consistently and able to prove a significant readership and online following, a minimum of 5,000 qualified followers on at least one social network: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and/or Pinterest. These individuals will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and will need to provide content relevance and quality along with follower counts and engagement.
Only one person from each outlet or online platform will be granted a media pass.
Those not eligible to attend CHFA Trade Shows as media include:
- Those with titles in advertising, account executive, CEO, marketing, president, publicists or public relations, publisher and sales;
- Those writing for newsletters and other limited circulation publications;
- Those writing blogs or producing online content not focused on natural health and organics, and/or blogging for less than three years, without weekly consistency and without a significant readership and online following.
Please note this year we are requiring all media attendees to email us after the show at firstname.lastname@example.org to share the coverage created while at the show. Coverage could include social or blog posts, video, podcasts or an article in an online or print publication, as examples. Failure to do so could result in being denied a media pass for future shows.
Upon arriving at the CHFA Trade Shows, you will need to bring ID with proof of media accreditation, such as:
- A business card with your name, title and media outlet;
- An assignment letter from an editor, publisher, or producer;
- A copy of at least one article published within the past six months that has your byline;
- A Photo ID Press Accreditation Card.
Online media registration will be accepted until Thursday, September 12. After this date, qualified media can visit the Member Kiosk at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, with proof of ID for on-site qualification. Bloggers and social media influencers must be pre-approved and will not be able to register onsite.
CHFA reserves the right to refuse media badges, without cause, during pre-registration as well as onsite media registration. Due to high demand, media badges are limited in number.
If you do meet the above criteria and would like to apply for a media badge please fill out the below form with all your information and a member of our team will be in contact shortly.