BioSteel Sports Nutrition Inc. - Full Time - Senior Manager - Regulatory Affairs and Product Development
On March 17, 2017
BioSteel is a Canadian sports nutrition company that was built on the principles of product transparency, marketing authenticity, premium ingredient use, and functionally optimal / effective products. BioSteel’s line of nutritional products range from a sugar and caffeine free sports beverage with no artificial preservatives, colours, or flavours, to a premium line of proteins and a variety of nutritional bars. BioSteel products can be found in over 6,000 retail locations across North America.
BioSteel is looking for an individual to fill the full-time role of ‘Senior Manager - Regulatory Affairs and Product Development’ who will be responsible for driving products through BioSteel’s product development cycle from conceptualization to market ready, and working with relevant regulatory bodies to ensure compliance of formulas, labels, and all product related communication.
The Senior Manager - Regulatory Affairs and Product Development will be primarily responsible for:
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the Product Development team to ensure compliant commercialization of new products in a timely manner;
- Working with relevant regulatory agencies within Canada, US, and abroad to submit necessary documentation and ensure compliance of product formulas, labels, and claims with regulatory guidelines;
- Working with the marketing department to ensure compliance of any product-related communication;
- Collaborating with the Marketing and Sales team to portray relevant scientific information in a manner that can be understood by all;
- Bringing relevant information regarding ingredient, formulation, production, and processing innovations to the Product Innovation team;
- Working with manufacturing partners’ R&D and Account Management team to ensure compliance with BioSteel’s formula and supplier guidelines, and well as adherence to product development timelines;
- Creating relationships and networking with industry suppliers to stay abreast of industry innovations;
- Submitting documentation and managing relationship with Certifying Organizational Entities.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition or related field;
- Minimum of five (5) years in a similar role within the sports nutrition industry, primarily dealing with regulatory affairs, compliance, nutrition, and product formulation / development;
- Expert knowledge of NHP, CFIA, and FDA processes;
- Highly organized and highly effective in project management;
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced and high-volume environment; and
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested applicants may apply via email to Stefano Cerone : email@example.com
Back to Job Board