St. Francis Herb Farm - Quality Assurance Manager
On September 7, 2017
Quality Assurance Manager
St. Francis Herb Farm – one of Canada’s leading herbal supplements brands is a GMP registered organization with nearly 30 years of uncompromising quality and service to our valued customers. We are seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to help us continue our growth as Canada’s leading manufacturer of high quality herbal products.
- Be the organizational leader and facilitator in driving company continuous improvement programs and initiatives.
- Assess compliance, identify gaps and initiate action to ensure compliance with our GMP Quality Management System registration.
- Implement new and improve existing quality assurance/quality control protocols, including SOP maintenance, documentation and reporting, audit procedures, product release processes, product recall processes and QA training of plant staff.
- Investigate quality-related complaints, product/process issues, and take appropriate corrective/preventative action as necessary.
- Manage communication with regulatory authorities (e.g. NNHPD, CFIA) to ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, Quality Standards, and appropriate legislation; maintain facility Site License.
- Ensure compliance to the Safe Foods for Canadians Act and Regulations; design and implement necessary procedures (e.g. Preventative Control Plans) as required.
- Maintain certified organic compliance across the company product portfolio.
Your Skill Sets:
- University degree in biology/biochemistry, science or equivalent required
- Minimum 5 years quality experience, ideally food or beverage manufacturing sector
- CQA or CQE designation preferred but not required
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively interact with suppliers, regulatory authorities and collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Experience in an ISO 9001 or GMP manufacturing environment with experience in documentation and data control, quality control inspection practices, configuration management, corrective and preventive action systems
- Knowledge of GMP requirements for Natural Health Products, food, and organic products
- Advanced computer skills in Office 360, Excel, Word and PowerPoint and knowledge of Access
- Ability to prepare and deliver internal quality training as required
Applications can be sent to Jobs@stfrancisherbfarm.com.
Back to Job Board