Nature's Vibe - Natural Health Store Manager & Buyer
On September 12, 2017
$16 - $23 an hour
Experience Required - Minimum 3 years of health food store management and/or purchasing experience.
Are you roaring with passion for natural health and healthy living? Are you a leader with experience in vitamins & supplements retail who is looking to expand your career in a place where the ownership is caring, honest and organized? Might you be searching for a company that can offer you both creative development as well as growth and contribution?
If so, we're looking for YOU!
- Sales & service: Provide stellar customer service by helping customers in a positive and encouraging way to chose options for healthy living through products and services available at Nature’s Vibe. Refer customers to our holistic health clinic practitioners as needed. Provide support to smoothie bar staff as needed.
- Product ordering & merchandising: Ensure stock levels are adequate to achieve sales. Execute/assist in purchasing in all departments of the store. Manage overstock and special orders and ensure proper rotation of product is being done to minimize waste. Work with the team to receive, merchandise and price products. Execute monthly merchandising and promotional planograms. Utilize and analyze reports for inventory planning and supplier performance. Meet with representatives and brokers. Keep on top of new trends and products in the industry.
- Staff management: Oversee and supervise full-time and part-time staff. Lead recruitment and hiring. Welcome and train new employees. Make sure ensure every staff member has the necessary knowledge and competencies to serve customers. Conduct regular staff meetings to ensure all employees & owners are up to date on all relevant info.
- Administration: Profit and Loss management responsibilities; Manage average check traffic conversion and basket opportunities and develop store specific action plan to improve; Daily cash management and balancing; Oversee proper open and close of the store by staff. Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5+ years' experience in a general management or senior management role;
- Experience in retail with experience in vitamins & supplements.
- Excellent knowledge of natural health products;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Available on flexible schedule including early evenings (some Saturdays may be requested)
- Knowledge of French and or other foreign languages are considered strong assets;
- Excellent computer skills with Word, Excel, Gmail, Social Media and POS terminals.
ABILITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Great interpersonal skills and enjoys greeting and talking with customers;
- Superior verbal communication skills with strong telephone etiquette;
- Self-driven and motivated requires minimal supervision;
- Ownership values with strong sense of self awareness;
- Assertive team player with solid work ethic and values;
- Strong in analysis problem-solving skills and good error detection capacity;
- Ability to work in a team and to create good synergy within a team;
- Detailed-oriented and able to interpret budget and sales reports;
- Strong time management skills multitasking and ability to prioritize various tasks with competing deadlines;
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING
Competitive wage/salary depending on experience. Multiple employee perks and incentives.
Join a team that cares about about you and your future. We're all here to work together - to grow, to contribute and to live consciously.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $23.00 /hour
- Retail Natural Health Store: 3 years
- Retail Management: 3 years
Click here to apply.
Back to Job Board