True North Nutrition - Senior Trade Marketing Manager
Richmond Hill, ON
On January 10, 2018
True North Nutrition is one of Canada's leading distributors in the natural health food and sports nutrition industry. Specializing in sales, marketing and distribution of these products, we work with many retail partners and independent health stores to achieve outstanding sales results. Recognized by Profit 100 as one of Canada's fastest growing companies, we are truly an industry leader offering excellent career opportunities to individuals looking for a rewarding and challenging job. Our head office and distribution center is located in Richmond Hill, Ontario and we employ a national sales force across the country.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated professional to join our team as a Senior Trade Marketing Manager. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for managing and delivering innovative brand-building strategies, programs and campaigns to support driving revenue and growing market share for assigned brands. This will include negotiating with brands on developing effective and proactive channel marketing and business plans, maximizing on current and new business opportunities and supporting our national sales team on trade marketing initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to be involved in growing leading brands in industry sports and health channels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting to the VP, Sales and Marketing, a primary focus on supporting the growth of our True North Nutrition distributed brands.
- Develop trade marketing strategies to achieve maximum market share while remaining within budgets.
- Oversee the performance of assigned supplier brands by managing sales targets, brand margins, sales and margin targets.
- Analyze and evaluate existing and potential brands in terms of market potential, relevance, competitive differentiation and alignment with TNN business goals.
- Presenting trade marketing strategies to the VP of Sales and the President to specifically address alignment with sales targets and executing on such strategies within budget.
- Participation in management team meetings.
- Maintaining a strong working relationship and regular communication with brand contacts including negotiating on proactive spend on promotional activity.
- Conducting quarterly business reviews with brands to present product reviews and discuss challenges and opportunities.
- Conduct research, analysis and planning to execute the brand development cycle as well as post-launch programs.
- Develop and review assigned brand sales forecasts, results and marketing/sales performance.
- Constantly identify and define new marketing opportunities that influence the profitability, sales volumes, and portfolio mix of assigned brands.
- Provide expertise and strategy on digital marketing campaigns.
- Communicate with brands regarding their goals and preferences, local market trends and opportunities, national market tendencies, seasonal opportunities, competitors' product line-up and promotional approaches.
- Creation and execution of a promotional support plan for each brand including trade show participation, catalogue participation, co-op spends, trade publications, demo programs and education programs. Also ensure program funds fall within budgeted marketing strategies.
- Work closely with sales team and other colleagues to identify product requirements, pricing strategy and regulatory issues.
- Work with brand marketing staff to ensure the availability of sales literature, POS materials and sales rep support tools.
- Work with marketing and finance to ensure all supplier chargeback’s remain within company budget and that all supplier agreements are well understood and in writing.
- Ensure that assigned brands are included in trade and consumer show events and are accurately represented in the TNN catalogue and website.
- Develop post-launch programs and assist with the development of product management metrics including market share and profitability.
- Work with purchasing and inventory control to ensure that all brands are available in all existing and future distribution channels.
- Build and manage relationships with external partners and organizations including assisting with the buyer relationships for key accounts.
- Manage the development and execution of sales training for assigned brands by supporting management and Sales Reps on key product features and knowledge as required.
- Keep abreast of industry trends. Attend trade shows, training seminars and conferences, read trade magazines and maintain regular contact with peers in the industry to assess market trends.
- Other duties where required.
- A proven strategic trade marketing leader with excellent strategic planning skills. Must have progressive experience within trade marketing and brand management.
- Excellent marketing and sales skills combined with a successful track record of effective trade marketing strategies/tactics that have resulted in business growth.
- Strong relationships within the industry is an asset.
- Minimum 6 years experience overseeing trade marketing business plans and budgets in the consumer packaged goods industry preferably in the nutraceutical and/or sports nutrition industry.
- Possess strong analytical and creative skills.
- Strong background in trade marketing/channel development.
- Extensive experience in budget management and forecasting.
- A result-oriented individual with strong communication, negotiation, selling and collaboration skills with the ability to work within a team or independently.
- Ability to interpret and provide consultation and expert advice to sales reps, and senior management team.
- Excellent computer skills and experience generating/interpreting sales reports and working with sales analysis tools.
- Post-secondary education specializing in a business program with a concentration on sales/ marketing.
- A passionate interest in sports and healthy lifestyles is an asset.
True North Nutrition offers competitive compensation and benefits, if you are interested in joining our team; please forward your resume to email@example.com
Back to Job Board