Organika Health Products - Sales Professional - Vancouver
On April 5, 2018
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Sales Professional implements and develops business strategies and plans to maximize growth in the Vancouver Area. This role seeks out opportunities with new accounts and works with existing accounts – health food / vitamin stores, to develop and grow to meet sales goals and company objective of being the most trusted vitamin and dietary supplement brand in Canada.
What is it like working at Organika®?
- Organika offers a friendly working environment
- Dress code is smart casual
- We offer a good benefits package
- Fun events year round
- Open door management
- We have a sense of humor
- We’ll make you feel part of the family
- We provide support and training and motivate you to reach your goals
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and conducts effective proposals to identify products that will fit in with the right customers and outlets.
- Develops a sales plan based on each customer’s needs to either cross sell product line, expand product selection and/or introduce new products.
- Generates sales opportunities through referrals, cold calling, email, social media, and networking; expands customer base and develops new leads.
- Establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule; meets with decision makers and forms relationships as trusted advisor.
- Provides extensive customer contact via store visits, phone calls and email with both buyers and staff.
- Plans and completes territory travel efficiently for geographically grouped store visits.
- Educates the store staff and buyers ,and provides product knowledge by conducting and/or participating in sales promotion and educational meetings.
- Arranges, coordinates and conducts customer demonstrations at client locations.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Gathers competitive marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc. and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Maintains a high level of service and resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Communicates with retailers and co-workers in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Provides weekly reports on accomplishments and proactively searches out new opportunities within territory to management to maximize growth potential
- Supports and achieves sales strategies, forecasts, budgets and goals for the assigned territory in conjunction with the National Sales and Marketing Manager.
- Participates in corporate marketing activities: trade shows/table top shows and consumer shows as directed by management.
Required Skills and Training:
- Have a passion for living a healthy lifestyle.
- Experienced in product listings with key accounts and independent health food outlets.
- Several years of experience in implementing distribution sales strategies, product marketing, sales development processes, developing sales channels, sales product launches, face-to-face sales, and business development.
- Demonstrated record of success with exceptional leadership and relationship building.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to effectively execute sales, training and marketing plans.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial and creative.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team; motivational and empowering.
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate in a professional manner.
- Must be able to travel based on business needs.
- Previous experience in natural food health products or similar industry is an asset.
- You are known for your positive attitude.
- You have outstanding relationship building skills.
- You are a creative thinker and resourceful problem solver.
- You take ownership and show initiative in everything you do.
- You are dedicated to continuous self-improvement
- You are self-motivated and performance driven.
- You are honest, respectful and proactive in your communication.
If you are interested in joining our team; please apply here.
Back to Job Board