Health First Network - Director of Marketing
On February 5, 2018
Who We Are:
We are Health First Network®, Canada’s leading non-profit organization that exists to help independent health & wellness retailers thrive. Our 125 Member stores, and growing, across the country share a common focus – to provide knowledgeable and caring service to consumers for supplements, organics, gluten-free foods, natural health & beauty aids, and more. We use group buying, national marketing and collective wisdom to put value, knowledge, community leadership and health first for you and your family.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Marketing plays a leadership role in the collaborative effort to develop, recommend and execute on HFN’s marketing strategies and plans to grow HFN’s brand equity, revenue and traffic while increasing revenues to HFN members.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the ongoing review and strategic leadership of HFN in the marketplace on behalf of both our members and HFN itself, hence, leading the marketing and communications efforts of Health First Network. Leading a team, the role oversees the design and production of flyers, consumer promotions, execution of e-marketing activities, store level and support office level planning and the management of HFN’s websites.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in and supports the development of HFN’s Strategic Plan, annual plans and budgets, championing marketing, branding and consumer perspectives. Envisions long term strategic marketing goals and works towards them.
- Oversees the design, production and distribution of HFN’s flyers and marketing materials on time and on budget through collaboration with the Category Management team, outside designers and vendors.
- Oversees the development and execution of consumer promotions and assists with HFN B2B promotions. Post promotion, helps analyze results.
- Leads HFN’s ongoing development and implementation of e-marketing and social media capabilities. Acts as a liaison between the HFN office and Members.
- Directs the activities and performance of an Assistant Digital Marketing Manager and other reports as assigned, setting annual objectives, measuring performance, and providing day to day support and ongoing coaching.
- Oversees stewardship of the HFN and HF through ensuring the appropriate use of brand names and images, and working to ensure those standards are adhered to in all marketing and communications materials.
- Maintains strong, positive and effective relationships with a roster of outside marketing agencies and suppliers, including graphic design firms, printers, POP manufacturers, and promotion houses.
- Along with the HFN team, the Director will act as a key communication point between HFN and its Members and stores, ensuring appropriate input from Members regarding flyer and promotion needs and communication to Members regarding HFN program requirements and processes.
- Maintains excellent relations with the Category Management team, collaborating on project steps and due dates, accepting direction on vendors and products, coordinating the collection of product descriptions and images, etc.
- Manages HFN’s websites, ensuring all content is current, promoting use of the websites, etc.
- Establish and maintain consumer analytics to drive marketing and business decisions.
- Oversees public relations efforts for HFN, including press releases, articles for trade periodicals, etc.
- As required, acts as Staff liaison for the Marketing and HF Brand Marketing taskforces, ensuring appropriate meetings and communications.
- Leads marketing and communications for HF Brand of products.
- Together with the leadership team, sets direction for all special events held by HFN, including the AGM, Board Meetings, workshops, taskforce meetings, etc.
What You Bring:
- A post-secondary degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 10 years’ progressive experience in a Marketing Services position; at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Expert project management skills
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Keen business acumen and the ability to contribute to overall strategies and priorities
- Strong working knowledge of branding, consumer promotions, web-sites and e-marketing activities
- Superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to thrive and influence in a small, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Solid leadership abilities, with a proven track record of inspiring others to achieve excellence
- A high degree of integrity, ethics and professionalism
- The ability to manage varied and often competing inputs from multiple sources
- Retail marketing experience including hands-on exposure to advertising flyer production
- Natural Health Products industry experience is considered an asset
What We Offer:
- A strong, fun and collaborative team
- In conjunction with the leadership team, the opportunity to influence the overall direction of HFN
- The opportunity to bring HFN’s marketing efforts to the next level and contribute to HFN’s ongoing innovation in the industry
- Participation in a rapid growth industry (Natural Health Products)
- A competitive compensation package including benefits
If you are a balance of “visionary” and “results-driven”, who has a passion for excellence and a commitment to innovation and growth, we would like to hear from you.
We appreciate all who express interest; however, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume along with a cover letter to: email@example.com
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Health First Network will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform us of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Back to Job Board