Canadian Health Food Association - Office Coordinator
North York, ON
On April 6, 2018
POSITION: Office Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director, Membership
DIRECT/INDIRECT REPORTS: None
This position is a front line position and focal point for the Canadian Health Food Association (CHFA), and is responsible for projecting a positive and professional image at all times. The incumbent is accountable for providing superior customer service to all CHFA members and employees by responding professionally and promptly to all questions, inquiries and requests (via phone, email, letter, and in person) and redirecting calls to appropriate staff as required. This position assists members and prospective members with renewals, education and benefits, coordinates the distribution of member mailings and helps grow and retain CHFA memberships. Furthermore, this position is responsible for providing administrative support, assisting with general office duties, as well as other assigned projects and tasks.
- Answer and handle incoming inquiries and requests (i.e., via phone, email, letter and in person) and direct calls to appropriate staff
- Assist in maintaining the CHFA member database including inputting data, updating records
- Organize and execute CHFA mailings, process incoming mail, compile mail for courier and ensure postage machine is properly maintained
- Coordinate CNPA course materials, exam scheduling and marking for course participants
- Liaise with outside suppliers and service providers and maintain stock of essential office supplies (includes business cards, stationary, courier supplies etc.)
- Ensure proper stock levels for kitchen supplies and maintain overall cleanliness
- Provide administrative support in HR processes
- Generate expense reports for specific senior staff members
- Act as the conduit with the landlord to communicate important information to the staff and ensure that staff inquiries are resolved in a timely fashion (temperature, after hours, blown fuse etc.)
- Handle photocopying, faxing, labeling and filing duties as assigned
- Maintain the office phone system, including adding users, opening support tickets, changing messages for holidays etc.
- Prepare meeting and conference rooms
- Coordinate catering requests as required
- Assist in booking flights, hotels, and other travel arrangements
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Office Administration
- Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact confidently with senior members of staff, colleagues, customers and members
- Tact, diplomacy and professionalism
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid written communication skills
- Strong in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bilingual (English/French)
- One to two (1-2) years of administrative or customer service experience
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Natural Products industry
Note: This job description may be changed at any time to include new responsibilities and tasks, or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Please send your resume and cover letter by April 27, 2018 to email@example.com using the subject line, Office Coordinator.
No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Back to Job Board