Canadian Health Food Association - Communications Assistant
North York, ON
On April 12, 2018
POSITION: Communications Assistant
REPORTS TO: Digital Media Manager
DIRECT/INDIRECT REPORTS: None
Reporting to the Digital Media Manager the applicant will support the communications work of CHFA with a strong focus on member and consumer communications including our website and social media platforms. The successful candidate will experience a fast-paced learning environment, working closely with our Digital Media Manager and Communications Coordinator to assist in developing and editing a wide variety of consumer communication materials, member communications and media monitoring. Our ideal candidate has a proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner, work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, and correspond with a variety of internal stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Compile daily media monitoring
- Assist with the development and writing of social media content, this includes posting on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and blogs. Assist with facilitating and monitoring discussions and helping to ensure CHFA has an appropriate and on-brand voice online
- Assist in maintaining and updating chfa.ca including, drafting and editing content, as well as uploading information (copy, images and videos) to the site and working with internal departments to add, remove, update and archive information
- Writing marketing communications materials to support media relations with trade and consumer outlets
- Work with our Digital Media Manager and Communications Coordinator to assist with the development of various weekly and bi-weekly external communications, this will include drafting, editing and coordinating translation
- Provide support for member communications, including posting and managing the members’ Job Board
- Assist with coding and assembling content into an HTML template and distribution
- Any other functions as required to support the communications of the Association
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 1 to 2 years’ relevant communications experience in a professional setting
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in communications, digital media, online social community engagement or a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge and experience with HTML and WordPress is essential
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written with proven experience in writing, with the ability and experience writing specifically for the web
- Experience with major social media platforms, scheduling tools and best practices
- Some experience with Google Adwords and SEO optimization
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills, ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a busy environment, work independently and in a team
- High energy and passion for CHFA’s mission is essential
- Working knowledge of online analytics tools (especially Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Facebook Insights)
- Ability to work in English and French
Note: This job description may be changed at any time to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Please send your resume and cover letter by April 30, 2018 to email@example.com using the subject line, Communications Assistant.
No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Back to Job Board