True North Nutrition - National Key Account Manager
Richmond Hill, ON
On May 29, 2018
True North Nutrition is one of Canada’s leading distributors in the natural health food and sports nutrition industry. Specializing in sales, marketing and distribution of these products, we work with many retail partners and independent health stores to achieve outstanding sales results. Recognized by Profit 100 as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, we are truly an industry leader offering excellent career opportunities to individuals looking for a rewarding and challenging job. Our head office and distribution center is located in Richmond Hill, Ontario and we employ a national sales force across the country.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated sales professional to join our team as a National Key Account Manager. Reporting to the VP, Sales and Marketing, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for prospecting and driving business and revenue within new and existing channels. This will include developing effective and proactive business plans and maximizing on current and new opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to be involved in a growing and dynamic industry leading company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing and supporting the growth of assigned brands in current and new Key Accounts, including Food/Drug/ Mass, ECommerce (Amazon), Gas/Convenience.
- Prospecting buyers of new and current accounts for product listings.
- Overseeing sales performance results and suggesting new business, discuss goals and brand performance.
- Manage current business relationships and keep regular contact with buyers and national accounts to maximize/leverage every sales opportunity available.
- Execute on annual sales plans and budgets.
- Conduct quarterly reviews of brand and account performance to ensure sales revenue targets and other goals are being met.
- Maintain account planning database with real time information on all national accounts.
- Ensure that all sales activities have a sufficient ROI to maximize the profitability of the business.
- Meet all TNN reporting requirements and maintain contact records in sales portal.
- Regularly create metrics and reports for senior management that provide data on sales plans and account performance.
- Work with VP, Sales and Marketing on sales planning, accurate forecasting and budget planning.
- Work closely with marketing team on presentations and requirements.
- Continuously increase minimum commitments and introduce potential new or complimentary products and opportunities to all current accounts and potential target groups.
- Use various sources of data collection to understand the customers' and their consumers' needs.
- Seek and manage new channel sales opportunities that drive sales growth in select markets.
- Keep abreast of industry trends. Attend trade shows and conferences, read trade magazines and maintain regular contact with peers in the industry to assess market trends.
- Other duties where required.
- A proven sales professional with a winning track record in key account sales, specifically in accounts such as Amazon, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Rexall.
- A result-oriented individual with strong communication, negotiation, selling and interpersonal skills who can work with many different personalities.
- Excellent selling skills and effective sales planning strategies/tactics that have resulted in business growth.
- Strong relationships within the industry would be an asset.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing key accounts and/or other channels in the health and wellness/ sports nutrition or consumer packaged goods industry.
- Post-secondary education specializing in a business program with a concentration on sales/ marketing.
- A proven track record in channel development that demonstrates strategies and tactics required for direct/indirect growth.
- Extensive experience in budget management and forecasting abilities.
- Ability to creatively execute intended strategies, drive results and invent new ways to create a high performing work environment, thus maximizing return on investment.
- Excellent computer skills and experience generating/interpreting sales reports and working with sales analysis tools.
- Must be able to travel.
True North Nutrition offers competitive compensation and benefits, if you are interested in joining our team; please forward your resume to email@example.com
Back to Job Board