TallGrass - Outside Sales Account Manager
Greater Toronto Area
On June 4, 2018
Application closing date: Friday June 22nd, 2018
Reporting to: Eastern Regional Sales Manager
At TallGrass, our philosophy is to bring the highest quality natural health and wellbeing products to progressive retailers and consumers in a manner that upholds values of environmental and social responsibility. Building on strong partnerships with retailers and suppliers, we are committed to providing excellent customer service, expert logistics, and extensive education at both the retailer and consumer level. As a certified B Corp, TallGrass must continually meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Our commitment to brand building is about more than just products- we want to improve the health and wellbeing of our customers, our partners, our staff, and the planet as a whole.
Our Core Values:
- We work hard, play hard, laugh hard
- We see, understand and care about the whole process
- We nurture our relationships and ourselves
- We are reliable and we honour the trust that people place in us
- We respect and appreciate everyone’s contribution
Job Summary: We are looking for a values-aligned Account Manager to join our Ontario-based sales team in the Toronto/Greater Toronto Area in a permanent, full-time capacity. As an Account Manager, your mission is to surpass TallGrass sales targets by providing outstanding customer service to a defined territory of new and existing customers, building and maintaining a regular call cycle, developing business plans and marketing for customers, coordinating demos and trainings for both retail staff and consumers. Some travel, attendance at tradeshows, educational seminars and sales meetings will be required.
Success Factors and Outcomes:
- Presence: Continuously build strong relationships with retail staff and buyers through regular monthly visits and consistent exposure to TallGrass brands through consistent sampling and product updates
- Performance Driven: Consistently exceeds quarterly sales by brand budget as defined by Sales Management
- Inspire through education: Demonstrate strong product knowledge and education ability while executing, coordinating and completing all brand training requirements with retailers, annually
- Analysis aptitude: Consistently manage budgets and execute marketing programs, including ads and demos, to meet or exceed ROI goals
- Strategic Focus: Achieve and surpass goals on new item placement, off shelf and top selling product placement
- Experience in the industry – You have previous Account Management experience and natural health retail experience, preferably as buyer/manager
- People Person – You continuously build strong relationships with retail staff and buyers
- Team player – You love to collaborate and seek to build strong relationships with other TallGrass stakeholders such as co-workers and vendors.
- Performance driven – You consistently exceed quarterly sales by brand budget by partnering with retailers on promotions, marketing, demos and events
- Walk the walk and talk the talk – You are passionate about the natural health industry, our brands and our company and that’s reflected in your lifestyle
- Share your knowledge with passion – You enjoy teaching and talking with people about products, nutrition and natural living
- Marketing innovation – You consistently manage marketing programs with creativity to grow your sales
- Organized almost to a fault – You are uber organized, detail oriented and as a result can effectively manage your time and prioritize your tasks.
- Clear and effective communicator – You are able to clearly and effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with coworkers at TallGrass, our customers and our vendors.
- Road Warrior – You love being on the road and visit the stores in your territory regularly and consistently.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – You care about the business in your territory as if it were your own and are a self-motivated, ambitious, high-achiever.
- Open to new ideas – You have a willingness to learn new things and are adaptable and flexible
- Creative problem solver and resolution seeker – You come to the table with potential solutions to problems you encounter.
- Technologically Savvy – You have excellent computer skills including MS Office skills (Excel Word, Outlook) and a willingness to adapt to new programs and tools
Should you or anyone you know be interested in this exciting opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Attn: Eastern Regional Sales Manager Re: GTA Account Manager Job Posting”, in the subject line.
Back to Job Board