On June 12, 2018
Junior Graphic Designer
At TallGrass Natural Health, our philosophy is to bring the highest quality natural health and well-being products to progressive retailers and consumers in a manner that upholds values of environmental and social responsibility. Building on strong partnerships with retailers and suppliers, we are committed to providing excellent customer service, expert logistics, and extensive education at both the retailer and consumer level. As a certified B-Corp, TallGrass must continually meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Our commitment to brand building is about more than just products – we want to improve the health and wellbeing of our customers, our partners, our staff, and the planet as a whole.
The TallGrass Values
• We Work Hard, Play Hard, Laugh Hard
• We see, understand and care about the whole process
• We nurture our relationships and ourselves
• We are reliable and honour the trust people place in us
• We respect and appreciate everyone’s contribution
We’re looking for a values-based graphic design up-and-comer to join our fast-growing team. You likely graduated recently and are looking to gain experience with a great company and brands. Working with our graphic designer and marketing team, your mission is to create design assets from digital to packaging for our in-house brand, Botanica, and our distributed brands including MegaFood, Host Defense, Naturtint and Annemarie Borlind. The Junior Graphic Designer reports to the Director of Marketing.
Outcomes/Critical Success Factors
• Fulfill trade marketing design requests to meet retailers and sales rep expectations within 2 weeks of assignment
• Design Digital Marketing assets such as images, gif’s, google and Facebook ads, blog posts, formatted for use on various social media platforms and websites, following our calendar on time and with zero errors.
• Upload web and blog updates via WordPress with zero errors each month following digital marketing calendar
• Assist lead designer with the creation, proofing, and editing of production files (packaging /labels) so there are zero errors at time of print
• Create engaging education and training collateral that help secure a minimum of 50 attendees per event
• Maintain and update image, collateral and asset library maintaining strict and accurate version control each week.
• Audit and update website images to reduce load time to under X? seconds
• Design assets of the following type meeting all deadlines and maintaining brand integrity: Webinar invitations, PowerPoint templates, pitch decks,
• Other design related tasks as assigned.
• Degree or diploma in graphic design
• A minimum of 1 year of experience as a junior designer or designer within the creative industry, preferably with an Agency.
• Up-to-date on the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design
• Strong technical proficiency working in a Mac and PC environment and expert skills using the latest software packages, including Adobe Creative Suite
• Ability to give and receive valuable design feedback
• Organized and efficient at handling a variety of assignments with strong sense of urgency
• Self-motivated, ambitious, high achiever, entrepreneurial mindset
• Collaborative in working with marketing, ecommerce and sales to solve problems with a high degree of customer service
• Production excellence – files are created with attention to detail and free from errors
• Values aligned with TallGrass and our customers
• Passion for the natural health and beauty industry
Nice to have but not need to have:
• The ability to illustrate / draw
• Experience in photography / videography
Interested? Send your resume, portfolio and salary expectations to: