Platinum Naturals - Account Manager
On August 2, 2018
Platinum Naturals is one of Canada’s leading supplement, health & wellness companies. Platinum Naturals has a great reputation in improving the lives of Canadians across the country and we are currently celebrating our 20th anniversary. Specializing in sales, marketing, manufacturing and distribution of these products, we work with many retail partners and independent health stores to deliver outstanding performance. Platinum Naturals is an industry leader and innovator with a focus on delivering more actives and improving the health and wellbeing of our community. Our head office is based out of Richmond Hill, Ontario and we have a strong national sales force to which we’re looking to continue to build and solidify. We offer excellent career opportunities to those who are looking for a rewarding, fulfilling and challenging career.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, experienced and highly motivated sales professional to join our team as a Sales Account Manager. Reporting to the Director of Sales, the successful candidate will primarily be responsible for growing our business by delivering top level customer service and education to our retail community. At the same time this role requires the development of new customers through effective prospecting and sales techniques. We are committed to our retailers and as such we strive for excellence in sales and service with a positive attitude and a solutions based way of thinking.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop territory growth plans to achieve sales targets based on the Company’s strategic objectives
- Plan and direct the achievement of volume, distribution and merchandising objectives for all accounts in the territory
- Direct all sales activities and develop innovative promotional plans with major key accounts to maximize business-building opportunities
- Maintain accurate reports with respect to sales, prospects and follow-up through our CRM; complete and submit the required administration/evaluation reports in a timely manner
- Participate in corporate marketing activities such as conferences, trade shows, consumer shows , retail and trade events
- Provide product and brand education and coordinate store events
- Attend consumer shows and trade shows throughout the year
- Carry out responsibilities within approved budgets, procedures and policies
- Develop an annual Territory Sales plan, in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager and Director of Sales, outlining the specific plans for achieving established volume, distribution and merchandising objectives.
- Develop annual sales plan for each major key account in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager.
- Participate in the development of trade programs for each promotional period, in conjunction with the Director of Sales.
- Ensure effective communication of all sales plans and programs for each promotion period.
- Where required, prepare for and attend National/Regional Sales meetings and joint sales/marketing planning meetings at head office.
- Monitor and assess monthly sales performance by product, account and territory, taking corrective action where necessary.
- Conduct quarterly sales review meetings with top accounts to review performance, address key issues/opportunities and discuss future promotion plans.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years B2B/outside sales experience, selling to Health accounts. Previous Key Account Manager experience in a distribution business preferred.
- A background working in the nutraceutical, sports nutrition, fitness or pharmaceutical industry will be an asset.
- Post-secondary education is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and the ability to interpret and analyze sales reports.
- Fast thinking, adaptable, with a strong and vivid imagination and outside the box approach
- Ability to creatively execute intended strategies and goals, drive results and invent new ways to grow business within the territory.
- A result-oriented individual with a proven track record of sales success
- An extrovert with strong communications, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to interpret information and provide consultation and expert advice to customers and management.
- Effective negotiation and business planning skills.
- Must possess a valid Class G driver’s license and have a vehicle to use daily
Platinum Naturals offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, if you are a fit and are interested in joining our team; please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Job Board