Open to all Suppliers - FREE
Are you a manufacturer looking to improve sales and better support your team? Attend a service education session offered by exhibitors who provide business services to find out what else you could be doing to make your business grow!*
1:15 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Supporting Canada’s Food Landscape through USDA and their Partners Trade Services
Evan Mangino, Agricultural Attaché
Presented by: USDA, Foreign Agricultural Service
- Highlight trade numbers between Canada and U.S. – USD$43 billion in two – way trade / or about $120 million worth of ag and food goods crossing the border.
- The food market in Canada is highly integrated.
- We are blessed with a sophisticated transportation network and established supply chain.
- USDA – maintains a network of TASTEUSA ag and food partners active in Canada.
- They offer trade services to Canadian ag and food companies.
- Some of these services entail helping manufacturers identify key ingredients used for their own manufacturing in Canada, or identifying new products to Canadian brokers and distributors that are new to the market.
- USDA’s partners, as the State Regional Trade Groups, Food Export, WUSATA, SUSTA made up of respective Department of Agriculture provide additional services – as taking Canadian buyers to select U.S. trade shows to meet with new processors and our partners in turn help to educate various U.S. food firms in terms of what to expect.
Evan Mangino is the Agricultural Attaché in the Office of Agricultural Affairs at the U.S. Embassy to Canada. He has been stationed at the U.S. Embassy since August of 2017 and is part of the diplomatic corps of the U.S. Government.
He is a New Jersey native and served as a Peace Corps volunteer for a few years prior to joining the U.S. Department of Agriculture in 2007. He has served American farmers in a number of positions at USDA, and prior to arriving in Canada he was stationed in Tokyo, Japan as the Agricultural Attaché and Agricultural Trade Office Deputy Director. Evan is a graduate of Middlebury College and of Johns Hopkins University's School of Advanced International Studies.
2:15 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Dive Into Plastics
Presented by: Rootree
Rootree aims to revolutionize the flexible packaging industry by minimizing waste, and our focus is on sustainable pouches, both recyclable and compostable. Pia will demonstrate how Rootree has cut down considerably on waste and will address their plan to convert 90% of sales to sustainable operations by 2021.
With climate change and animal extinction constantly in the news, Rootree wants to lead the way to show how companies can make a difference. We need to focus on adopting a circular economy and, by introducing sustainable options to consumers, Rootree can help make this difference.
Rootree values our clients, our families and you!
Pia Dombkowski is the head of business development at Rootree in Ontario. She has been working at Rootree for seven years and has applied her unique perspective to every aspect of Rootree’s business. Supported by ongoing research and development, Pia’s mission is to continue developing innovative sustainable solutions for the flexible packaging industry.
3:15 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Beyond the Trade Show - Activating Your Year Round Member Benefits
Are you taking full advantage of your CHFA Membership? Do you know there are lots of FREE perks that come with your membership that have been designed specifically for suppliers? Come to this interactive Q&A session to learn about a host of offerings including a complimentary CFIB Membership*, how you can get your products on TV and what the biggest regulatory impacts will be on your business this year.
4:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Working with Purity Life Health Products, a Natural Products Distributor in Canada
Dale Simmons and Mike Roberts
Presented by: Purity Life Health Products LP
Learn how working with Purity Life Health Products can help to grow your brand and gain distribution across Canada. Dale and Mike’s unique experience and background will provide insights and tips on how you can effectively work through a distributor to significantly grow your brand.
Dale Simmons has over 9 years of distribution experience in Canada, primarily working to bring new brands into Purity Life. Prior to that he worked for several years in the retail sector of the natural products industry.
Mike Roberts has held several positions with Purity Life over the past 15 years giving him experience in sales, marketing, purchasing, manufacturing and operations.
*Service Education Sessions are presented or sanctioned by CHFA Member companies. The views expressed are the responsibility of the presenting company and have not been reviewed by CHFA. CHFA is not responsible for any information or material provided by a member company. Topics and speakers subject to change.