CHFA, The Voice of the Natural Health Industry in Canada
The Canadian Health Food Association is Canada’s largest trade association dedicated to natural health and
organic products. We are the Canadian industry who directly supports the best in healthy eating and living
Our members include manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers, distributors, and importers of natural health and organic
products. These can include foods, vitamin and mineral supplements, herbal products, sports nutrition products,
health and beauty aids and more.
The natural health product industry contributes $4 billion, and the organic product industry contributes another $5
billion to the Canadian economy. CHFA is committed to promoting and protecting both.
Formed in 1964 from a grassroots community of health food pioneers, CHFA now represents over 1,000 member businesses
across Canada. We have seen our industry grow every year as more and more Canadians adopt healthy living and eating
as part of their daily lives. We are proud supporters of these practices in recognition of the positive impact
they have on our health, our environment and in building a long-term sustainable economy.
“Canadians Achieving Better Health, Naturally”
“We create opportunities for members to thrive, cultivating an innovative industry through advocacy, education and
- We will collaborate with colleagues to benefit from their expertise and ensure a cohesive approach;
- We will conduct ourselves in a professional manner at all times;
- We believe that respect is the cornerstone of our Association;
- We will act with integrity and honesty in all areas of our work;
- We will be supportive towards all employees, members and stake holders.