Supply Chain Trends: The Present & How to Plan for the Future
October 14, 2020
1:00 p.m. ET - 2:15 p.m. ET
Join us for an exploration of the current situation in supply chain. Supply chain experts Audrey Ross and Sarah Barnes-Humphrey will discuss supply chain disruptions, how to plan for the new normal, logistics strategies moving forward and future growth opportunities. Coming from the beauty industry, Audrey will share real life examples of challenges they have faced in their global supply chain strategy and how they are poised for success in 2021. With a logistics background, Sarah will share her views on how technology can help streamline processes and set you up for success.
In this webinar you will:
- Get insights on current market conditions;
- Gather ideas on how to plan ahead;
- Have your most pressing supply chain questions answered;
- Hear of real life examples from a very controlled industry; and
- Leave with tangible takeaways you can put into practice.
Everything you need to know about becoming B Corp certified
October 28, 2020
2:00 p.m. ET - 3:00 p.m. ET
Consumers are increasingly demanding healthier, more natural, and more ethical products in the kitchen and around the home. For many, that means checking the label to be sure that the product coming home meets certain standards for health, environmental as well as social responsibility. From Fairtrade to Non-GMO to Canada Organic and beyond, certifications help consumers make conscious choices about what they introduce into their bodies and their homes. B Corp certification is a way to certify the responsible practices of an entire business beyond a single product or service. For Canadian brands focused on health and the planet, B Corp certification sends a powerful message that consumers are making not only a healthy choice, but also a conscious and ethical one.
Join Kasha Huk, Country Manager, Canada at B Lab in this session to learn how your business can join the ranks of other global leaders by becoming B Corp certified. There'll be an overview of the community, some inspiring stories from entrepreneurs working in this space, and an outline of the process for certification - plus time for questions.
RETAIL Before, During & After COVID-19
November 18, 2020
1:00 p.m. ET - 2:00 p.m. ET
Retail was in significant flux before COVID-19 struck North America in March of this year. With the developments of the last few months, retail has become exponentially more challenging as anxious consumers shop differently. It will be difficult to navigate the next several months and potentially years in this new retail abnormal as the pandemic is managed and the economy begins to slowly open up again. How can retailers survive this existential crisis?
Using findings from his new book RETAIL Before, During & After COVID-19, retail analyst Bruce Winder offers his take on how COVID-19 has impacted retail and how this has affected operations in the near-term. Bruce outlines a brief baseline regarding where retail was headed just before the pandemic. He then shares his research gathered over several months that paints a current state picture of the retail industry during the COVID-19 pandemic. From the current state, Bruce offers his opinion on how the industry will take shape over the next one to two years as well as recommendations on how to thrive in this emerging landscape.
- Understand the state of retail before COVID-19 struck (as of February 2020)
- View how the retail industry changed during COVID-19 from a macro and micro perspetcive
- Contemplate how retail will change during the management and eventual recovery from COVID-19 over the next few years
- Learn best practices to help your business survive and even thrive during these uncertain times
Cybersecurity: Protecting Your Business from Operation to eCommerce
November 25, 2020
1:00 p.m. ET - 2:10 p.m. ET
Speakers: AJ Khan (CyberStrategiez Inc.), Carl Hayes (Stratejm Inc.), Charles Finlay (Rogers Cybersecure Catalyst)
Presented in partnership with the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade, this webinar features cybersecurity experts who will help you identify and be more aware of cyber threats, and understand the need for active cybersecurity planning for operations and eCommerce systems. Key takeaways include:
- Gain awareness of the risks cyber threats pose to SMEs;
- Understand the need for active cybersecurity planning for operations and eCommerce;
- Learn about the importance of Cyber Governance;
- Third-party vendor risk management practices and guidelines (TPRM);
- Outline the importance of customer data security; and
- Cybersecurity support programs.
* Please note that the date and topic of these webinars are tentative and may change as required.