Food Fraud and Misrepresentation: A CFIA Perspective
April 29, 2021
1:00 p.m. ET - 2:00 p.m. ET
Speaker: Kathy Twardek (Food Program Integration Division, CFIA)
Food fraud may occur when food is misrepresented. It can pose serious health risks if, for example, unidentified allergens or hazardous materials are added to food products. It can have an economic impact on the buyer and creates an uneven playing field for industry players. Protecting consumers from food fraud and misrepresentation is an important part of the work at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Food fraud is a complex issue and tackling it requires a collaborative approach by all stakeholders in the supply chain continuum.
During this one-hour webinar attendees will:
- understand types of food fraud and their impact on Canadians;
- identify roles and responsibilities of various stakeholders in combatting food fraud;
- learn about CFIA's approach to combat food fraud in Canada; and
- discuss collaboration opportunities to mitigate the risk of food fraud and misrepresentation in the Canadian supply chain.
How to Grow your Business with Data
May 13, 2021
2:00 p.m. ET - 3:00 p.m. ET
Speaker: Matthew Gierc (VP Product & Marketing, 3AG Systems)
While it may be tempting to wait until you feel your business is big enough to start thinking about data, the truth is that growing companies have an even more urgent need to build a data strategy. Identifying where to invest limited resources, minimizing opportunity cost, and ensuring that proper processes are in place are just a few of the issues that forward-thinking growth companies need to address early on.
Join Matthew Gierc from CHFA member benefit partner, 3AG, to identify how prudent data strategy can accelerate your company's growth.
- Learn common data pitfalls experienced by high-growth companies.
- Understand the key components of a good data strategy for a company of your size.
- Identify specific actions your company can take today to prepare for future growth.
* Please note that the date and topic of these webinars are tentative and may change as required.