COVID-19 Update (March 23, 2020)
CHFA East 2020 Will Proceed
CHFA remains hopeful that the COVID--19 pandemic will abate and our trade show CHFA East, scheduled for September 12 & 13, will proceed as planned. We remain in close contact with the Canadian Government and Provincial Health Agencies to assess how the pandemic may affect events in September. Many of you have shared the importance of CHFA East to your businesses and your desire that event proceed as planned. At this time we are continuing with preparations to ensure we deliver the calibre of event that our industry has come to expect. Because this is still an evolving situation, we are also investigating a contingency plan in the event CHFA East cannot run in September.
We are conscious of the planning and investment required for you to participate in the show. We are committed to keeping you well-informed as the situation develops and decisions are made. For now, we want all exhibitors to feel secure in the knowledge that CHFA is here to support you. We will be adjusting our deposit and cancellation policies to support you in the decisions you make regarding your participation in CHFA. Please let us know how we can help. We are all in this together!
CHFA reminds you to follow best practices in terms of preventative actions:
- Avoid touching your face, mouth and nose whenever possible.
- Wash hands frequently, thoroughly and for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth/nose with tissue if you are coughing/sneezing, and if tissue is unavailable cough/sneeze into your sleeve).
- Clean your workspace frequently.
- Maintain distance from other people when possible and avoid shaking hands.
- Follow Health Canada COVID-19 updates.
As part of their membership, CHFA members have automatic access to the Canadian Federation of Independent Business. Their resource guide for COVID-19 has valuable information on everything from your obligations as an employer to whether your employees should travel. If you have additional questions about COVID-19 you can reach a CFIB Business Counsellor at 1-888-234-2232.