Expressions of Interest Are Now Closed
Are you interested in joining our Board of Directors? The CHFA Board of Directors helps shape Canada's natural, organic and wellness industry, creates new opportunities for our member businesses to thrive, increase innovation and deepen relationships.
You can help drive the strategic direction of CHFA by joining our high-performing Board and providing your leadership and professional experience.
Expressions of interest are now closed.
CHFA has a Board of nine directors. Every year, three of those directors' terms end. Each director is eligible to serve up to two consecutive terms; under certain circumstances, a third term is possible.
To ensure a balance of required skills and competencies within the Board and to ensure the Board represents a cross-section of the membership, we are looking for both Retailer and Supplier members with the following areas of expertise or demographics:
- Financial oversight;
- Members of equity-seeking communities (including racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities / expressions);
- Board / Governance experience;
- Government Relations
Here's what our current Board of Directors has to say about being a part of CHFA:
As a Board Member, your role will be to:
- Provide leadership on issues of concern;
- Set strategic priorities;
- Formulate governing policies;
- Provide financial stewardship;
- Monitor organizational performance; and,
- Work with the senior staff to shape policy based on industry needs and member feedback.
Your commitment will include:
- A three-year term;
- Participation in four Board meetings annually;
- Involvement in a minimum of one Board Committee with a minimum of four meetings annually;
- Participation at CHFA events as required;
- Participation in one or more strategic planning/governance sessions.
If you possess one or more of the qualifications above and want to be part of an industry-leading group, here are the next steps:
Find out more about our Electoral Process
- Complete this Expression of Interest form
- Send a copy of your résumé or a one-page summary of your experience in the natural health, organic and wellness industry
- Include a letter of reference as confirmation of the ratings in your Expression of Interest form, no later than 11:59 p.m. P.T. on November 22, 2023, by email to email@example.com.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Canadian Health Food Association (CHFA) will be held virtually on Wednesday, April 13, 2022, at 3:00 p.m. ET. We encourage all members to attend. Please register here before April 11, 2022.
If you’re unable to attend the virtual meeting, ensure your views are heard and that you are counted as part of the quorum:
- Vote online between March 23 and April 11, 2022. Check your inbox on March 23 for the email, “VOTE NOW: CHFA Annual General Meeting” and click the enclosed link to vote.
As the recipient of this email, you are your member company’s designated voter. Only the designated voter can vote, and the company must be a current member of CHFA as of the record date (March 14, 2022). The Board of Directors fixed 11:59 p.m. ET on March 14, 2022, as the date of record for determining the members entitled to receive notice of and to vote at this AGM.
If you have any questions regarding the member status of your company, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.661.4510 ext. 229.
On the agenda are the presentation of the Financial Statements, the Election of Directors, and the Appointment of the Public Accountant.
The Board of Directors will consist of nine members representing, where possible, an equal number of individuals who are members engaged as retailers and members who are engaged as suppliers. The ninth director may be either a retailer or a supplier, or an individual who is independent of any member.
Following a thorough review of all expressions of interest submitted in the fall of 2021 and a rigorous interview process, the Nominating Committee is recommending the following individuals as nominees to the Board of Directors of CHFA. Nominations are now closed. No other nominees have come forward.
These nominees satisfy the criteria the Board has identified, including competencies in the following areas – government relations, Board/governance experience and financial oversight.